Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Happy 70th Anniversay!

Today my Grandparents celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary.  70 years!!  Simply amazing.  For all intents and purposes, these two people are my only set of grandparents.  And what an amazing role models they are!  5 kids, 12 grand kids and 12 great grand babies, they have experienced it all.  I have been so blessed to have such models of unconditional love, kindness, patience, tenacity,  and perseverance from these two exceptional people.  I am a luck girl.  My girls are also incredibly lucky, that at 11 and 12 years old,  they have had the time to get to know their great grandparents on such an intimate level.  Not many kids have this opportunity. 

In honor of their 70th anniversary, I will share with you wedding cakes, grooms cakes, and wedding favor cookies.  I haven't done many, but have had fun with the ones that I have had the opportunity to do.  Hopefully, I will have many more to come.   

I will also share of picture of the two amazing people that inspired me to get on and blog today.

Here they are.  :)  70 years ago and today.  These two people me so much to me and my family. 


 
 

Here are a few of my creations:
 

This is the photographers photo of the very first wedding cake I ever did.

This is my photo.  This cake was done for a couple of our best friends.
 

This is the grooms cake for the very first wedding cake I ever did. I am so glad I was able to do it, and I learned so much this weekend.  So did my husband.  These cakes were completed in our hotel room 2 hours away from home. 
 

I wrote a whole blog entry about his cake.  This was a special one.

This is my most recent wedding cake.  I had the opportunity to make this one for one of my former students.  It's so neat to see them grow up.
 
This wedding cake was done for a small rustic country wedding.  Left is what I made, right is after the addition of flowers.


 
 Here are a couple of grooms cakes:

 





 

I made this sweet cake for a couple celebrating 61 years together. 
 
 
 
 And lastly, I made 200 of these bad boys for a the wedding of a coworker's son.  I had never really done cookies before.  Before I began, I was a pretty worried.  Once I got started, I was wondering how I was ever going to finish.  By the time I was done, I was hooked!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment